Wednesday, December 21, 2022




Since FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar has finally ended, I thought it would be the perfect time to share my experience. First of all, I would like to thank FIFA and Qatar for the opportunity they provided me to be part of this historic sporting global event. I'm not a football fan that's for sure but the reason I volunteered is to give back to Qatar. This country has been kind to me in the last 3 years and I want to pay it forward. This event gave me the chance to do so. The experience was unexplainable and indescribable on so many levels. 

As soon as I got my first item which is a FIFA pin, my journey started. I would attend training and endless briefings and meet-ups to make sure I was ready for the World Cup. And yes it was real, I'm officially a FIFA Volunteer assigned to Television Operations. Isn't that cool? Amazing here comes my first shift and it was fun. I was excited and ready for FIFA. As the saying goes, the rest is history. With all the memories still lingering in my head, I finished 10 shifts. I was able to meet new people and make friends as well. I've seen the likes of football superstars Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi up close and personal. I also witnessed first-hand how these football fans gave their hearts and time to their passion for the game. Aside from these experiences, I received a handful of limited-edition FIFA merchandise and gifts. From complete sets of uniforms from head to foot, bags, caps, pins, frames, stickers, and a football to just about anything you could ever imagine, I got them all. Every shift was memorable. I learned a lot from these television people from all over the world with organizations like FOX, ESPN, Bein Sports and more. This FIFA experience was really a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me plus the fact that it's the first time an Arab country like Qatar would host it in a winter setting. Thank God I was part of it.



Giving back and paying it forward made me feel better and I was rewarded with memories that money could not buy. I will always be proud of this accomplishment because not all are given the chance to experience it. From 420,000 applicants around the world, I'm lucky I was one of the 20,00 volunteers to be chosen. The Philippines was certainly well represented! Thank you FIFA, and thank you Qatar, my second home away from home, for making all this possible. I'll forever be grateful, until the next FIFA World Cup experience!


 

#TelevisionOperations #Doha #Qatar #FIFA #WorldCup2022

No comments: