Saturday, April 29, 2023

Tired Soul

I was reminded once again how fragile and short life is. My former colleague just died. Depression is the culprit behind hopelessness and sadness. How can someone not notice this or is he just tired of life and being sad? His refusal to seek help shows how cruel life can be and how you would rather suffer and die alone than live. Although I sometimes feel that way, I still want to live because I still have people who believe in me. 

Honestly, I don't know what to say. I feel mortal and dead. I just wish he could have asked for help but no he chooses to suffer alone. I can't comprehend how someone like him would give up so easily on life. I feel scared, alone and overwhelmed by all this. We should be more open and emotional about this very big issue. Even though I am not an expert, I am able to sense the emotional impact of this. I know the feeling of being alone, helpless and humiliated by my past but this is too much. While this problem cannot be solved immediately, we can prevent depression by facing it openly and wholeheartedly. Say what you want to say. Make them feel special and loved. Listening is the key to letting them speak. Sometimes all they want is someone to listen to. 

I feel your sadness, my friend. May your tired soul rest in peace!

No comments: